Yeahhhhh this type of post I usually do on Fridays, but the past three weeks have been so discombobulated, I’m tired of sitting on this as a draft. So, here we go! :
- I LOVE the idea of this cake and this tutorial.
But seriously, who is going to be patient enough to do this and not just eat the frosting?!
- Such a great quote:
“If you require any evidence that femininity can be more fierce and dangerous than masculinity, all you need to do is ask the average man to hold your handbag or a bouquet of flowers for a minute, and watch how far away he holds it from his body. Or tell him that you would like to put your lipstick on him and watch how fast he runs off in the other direction.”
– Julia Serano, Whipping Girl: A Transsexual Woman On Sexism And The Scapegoating of Femininity
This quote really speaks to me. I sometimes struggle with being ashamed of how feminine I can be. It’s true though, femininity is incredibly powerful!
- Look at the Blonds Spring 2014 collection:
SO FUTURISTIC! SO SPACEY! SO AWESOME!!
I love all of it. They remind me of my favorite Barbie growing up, 80’s space Barbie. SO COOOOOLLLLLL. There are way more pics of this collection here. I love all of them. Okay, maybe not the Tweety dress.
- I am currently reading through this post about Men’s Rights and it is very interesting and well-written. I plan on using it as a resource should I ever come across a MRA in the wild.
- I really really really want to make myself a Bat Wing shrug:
I mean really. ADORABLE.
- This week I am reading Tender Morsels by Margo Lanagan. It is really dark, and reminds me a lot of Robin McKinley’s Deerskin. I wasn’t planning on finishing it… until Margo replied to me on twitter and now I feel kind of OBLIGATED. It IS super well-written and that part is enjoyable. We’ll see how I make it through.
Next up for me is Before They Are Hanged by Joe Abercrombie and I am SO EXCITED to read it. Though, I need to study for the GRE first… I am going to try and put off starting this book until Sunday… but knowing me, I’ll crack it open tonight in lieu of reviewing multiple choice questions.
- You guys realize that my goal is that my house looks somewhat like this, right?
- Sometimes I wish I had infinite money because, oh man, you guys, the deer figurines I could buy. But I also would totally invest in this kickstarter, because it looks super cool and Victoria Gannan’s art is beautiful. I might need to find an extra $30 in my budget to get a copy of this beautiful deck!
- My blog/image source of the week is The Vintage Cowboy over on tumblr.
These illustrations are all so cool and awesome! I’d love to have a print of one of them. I miss old book illustrations.
That’s it for this week!