Man! This week flew by! I took Friday off so I already feel the FREEDOM OF THE WEEKEND!
- This morning I went out to breakfast to the Original Original Pancake House. It was pretty good, if a little crowded! I have to think that breakfast is my favorite meal to eat out at restaurants and diners. I mean, fruit crepes, pancakes, bacon and eggs are really just so, so good.
- I just finished a 30 day self portrait challenge on instagram & using the app #abeautifulmess ! It was pretty fun. I lost interest in the last two days, but am pretty happy with how most of them turned out.
Taking that many self portraits of myself made me think about what kind of photos I want to take, instead of just thinking about how I look in the photo. That was kind of neat.
- My featured flickr contact of the week is ROA graffiti.
You should totally check ROA out. These are amazingly detailed giant portraits of insects and animals and skulls on the sides of buildings!
- Tomorrow I am going on a short mini vacation with my best friend! The plan is to go antiquing and listen to loud music in the car on the drive to our B&B.
Coming up with road trip music sometimes is hard. This is my current favorite song to blast loudly with the windows down:
- This week, my friend Laura at RubyBastille posted a super good article about one of her experience in confronting someone in public. The hollaback project is actually a super awesome website about this very thing! Street harassment has been a THING I have had to deal with since I was about nine years old. It is a weird and awful thing to deal with, especially at a young age. How do you deal with it? Usually, I just roll my eyes and try to move on with my life, but generally speaking it makes me feel super defensive and unsafe. I am super lucky that it doesn’t happen to me often, but it is a shame that so many people don’t understand how dehumanizing street harassment is.
- This art series, Sit by Haiiro No Kaze, is DECIDEDLY BEAUTIFUL. I love how their abstraction makes the motion of their drawings even more dramatic and violent.
- And finally, antigravity cat says hello: