- I got sucked into the cycle of Buzzfeed earlier this week and am dreaming about my future pipe-legged table and also a cool geometric doghouse because of this article on Home Depot hacks.
- Last month I bought a set of hot rollers and they are THE BEST. I need to buy a secondary set because I have so much hair, but I have really been enjoying having super curly fancy hair on a regular basis. I am lucky to have super pliable hair that loves to hold curl, so your results may vary, but if you have access to some hot rollers and a bottle of aqua net, they are super duper fun.
They are like big, bouncy noodles!
- My featured flickr contact this week is kingqueenknave. Kingqueenknave takes AMAZING photographs of Portland, Oregon. Most of them are landscape photography, but the subjects he chooses flavors Portland with an old-school feel. I love this photo stream, you should check it out!
- I’ve started reading Forbes.com this week. It adds a nice change to my usual routine of Facebook, Twitter, Google News and Reddit. I keep finding fantastic articles on it, too! This article, “Rethink ‘Brand You’: Find Your Authentic Self” is really worth a read. It is part of an ongoing saga of “self branding” that I have been struggling with since 2001.
- Me, if I were a cat:
- Let’s all be honest: My house is totally going to look like this someday.
- This week I read Edgar Rice Burrough’s A Princess of Mars. It was fantastic and pulpy. I loved it! And because of it’s glorious cover of John Carter holding a pretty-much-naked Dejah Thoris, I’ve been looking at a lot of pulp novel covers lately. This blog is pretty fantastic, you should check it out! I wish there were more novels with pulp-style covers these days.
I mean, REALLY!
- Me, whenever a random guy interrupts my train reading to hit on me.